Forklifts are used in many industries, and operating them safely is paramount to the safety of both forklift operators and their fellow employees. In this course, you will learn when and how to inspect a forklift and what to do in the event an equipment problem is discovered. You will also learn the necessary precautions to take and procedures to follow when refueling gasoline, diesel, and propane-powered forklifts and when changing or recharging battery-powered units. You will also learn about the health hazards you may face as a result of working with or around forklifts.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.Learning Objectives
- Recognize what elements of the forklift need to be inspected
- Recognize when a forklift needs to be taken out of service
- Identify safe practices for servicing a forklift
- Identify the three main types of exposures that can be hazardous to your health when maintaining a forklift
- Recognize safe practices for refueling forklifts and charging or changing their batteries