The Unified Functional Testing Features and Programming 11.5 course gives your automation engineers the necessary skills and insight to build test scripts and leverage UFT features to their fullest capabilities.
Quality assurance engineers, technical managers, software engineers, support engineers, and any roles who need to do automated testing.
Technology Overview and Recording
- Objects, classes, properties, and methods
- Process for building scripts
- Record and Run Settings
- Directory Structure
The Object Repository
- Object Repository Manager
- Local vs. Shared Object Repositories
- Working with Object Identification
- Visual Relation Identifier concept
Synchronization and Verification
- Types of synchronization
- File Content checkpoints
- Using Regular Expressions
- Checkpoints during or after recording
- Data driving and input parameters
- Data Table methods
- Uses for Parameterization
- Environment and Random Parameters
Actions and Reporting
- Action strategies
- Initial and Ending Conditions
- Using the Reporter.ReportEvent statement
- SQL and SQL operators
- Configuring database checkpoints
- Specifying the expected result set
- Working with Recovery Scenarios
- Virtual Objects
- Insight Recording mode
- The TextUtil Object
- Microsoft Object Models
- VBScript and Object Oriented Programming
- Constants, variables
- Operators and precedence
- Looping structures
- Data Type Conversions
Web and Dynamic Objects
- Challenges of working with Web
- Web and Text Checkpoints
- Working with HTML Tables
- Dynamic vs. Static Objects
- Applying programmatic solutions
- Challenges of the Object Repository
- Overview of Web 2.0 (ASP.NET, Ajax, GWT, Yahoo UI, Dojo)
- Extensibility Toolkits
- Planning Automation
- Initialization Script
- Creating Functions and Subroutines
- Code review – contents from a listbox
- Code review – using a Command Prompt
- Code review – working with text files
- Windows Application Programmable Interface (Windows API)
- Using the Extern object
- Creating Application Instances
Virtual Unified Functional Testing, Features and Concepts 11.5 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.