Students will explores new features in VMware® vCenter Server™ 5.5 and VMware ESXi™ 5.5. Topics include VMware vSphere® 5.5 installation and how to upgrade from vSphere 4.x to vSphere 5.5.
By the end of the course, you should have an understanding ofthe functions and features in vSphere 5.5 and be able to do themeet the following objectives: ? List and describe key enhancements in vSphere 5? Describe the upgrade process from vSphere 4.x to vSphere 5.5? Use VMware® vCenter™ Server Appliance™ and the VMware vSphere® Web Client to manage the vSphere platform? Understand how VMware® vCenter™ Single Sign-On™ works? Upgrade and manage a VMware vSphere® VMFS-5 datastore? Create a port mirroring session? Configure virtual machine storage policies ? Create a datastore cluster and configure VMware vSphere® Storage DRS™? Monitor VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster activity? Use VMware vSphere® Auto Deploy™ to provision an ESXi host
This class is suited for System administrators, IT managers, System architects, People responsible for implementing or managing vSphere environments
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- vSphere 5 documentation resources
Introducing VMware vSphere 5.5
- Describe key enhancements in ESXi and vCenter Server
- Describe the upgrade process from vSphere 4.x to vSphere 5.5
- Use vCenter Server Appliance to manage the vSphere platform
- Use the vSphere Web Client to search for objects and view
- object information
- Use vCenter Single Sign-On to add users and assign roles
Virtual Machine Management
- Describe virtual machine hardware features introduced in
- vSphere 5.x
- Describe virtual machine enhancements introduced in vSphere
- Describe new features of distributed switches, including network rollback, exporting, importing, and restoring a distributed switch
- configuration, traffic filtering and marking policy, NetFlow, port mirroring, Link Aggregation Control Protocol, Link Layer Discover Protocol, Single Root I/O Virtualization, and health check
- Describe enhancements to VMware vSphere® Network I/O Control
- Configure and test port mirroring
- Describe new storage features, including VMFS-5, Fibre Channel over Ethernet software adapters, virtual machine storage policies, VMware vSphere® Flash Read Cache™, and VMware® Virtual SAN™
- Describe enhancements to VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®, solid-state drive support, and VMware vSphere® Storage APIs - Array Integration
- Upgrade VMFS-3 to VMFS-5
- Create user-defined storage capabilities and virtual machine storage policies
- Describe vSphere Storage DRS and VMware vSphere® Storage I/O Control
- Create a datastore cluster
- Configure vSphere Storage DRS
- Describe the features, benefits, and architecture of VMware vSphere® Data Protection™
- Describe the features, benefits, and architecture of VMware vSphere® Replication
- Describe the enhancements to vSph
VMware vSphere Deployment Alternatives
- Use VMware vSphere® ESXi™ Image Builder CLI to create and export an image profile
- Use vSphere Auto Deploy to provision an ESXi host
Virtual VMware® vSphere: What's New v5.5 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.