This training describes how to respond to various emergency situations and describes control of situations both by the workers involved and by trained emergency personnel.
The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements. Learner objectives are to: define hazardous materials, recognize where spills are likely to occur, identify the elements of an emergency response plan, identify equipment and supplies in response to a spill, define levels of emergency response personnes, specify spill prevention measures, identify methods to contain or confine chemical material, identify post-response actions after a spill.
Emergency Response and Spill Control (HAZWOPER) was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.Learning Objectives
- Define hazardous material
- Identify when releases are most likely to occur
- Identify provisions of the emergency response plan
- Identify equipment and supplies that can be used for an emergency release response
- Define levels of emergency response personnel
- Select actions to take upon discovering a spill or leak
- Determine what methods should be used to contain or confine chemical material in a given scenario
- Identify post-response actions after a spill has occurred