This course focuses on the study of toxins, their safe limits, and their adverse effects on living organisms. While the subject of toxicology is complex, it is necessary to understand the basic concepts in order to make logical decisions concerning the protection of personnel from chemical exposure. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements.
Learner objectives are to define the types of toxic agents, identify the four routes by which toxicants enter the body, recognize adverse responses to toxic chemical exposure, identify the principles of chemical exposure limits, and describe the factors that influence the adverse effects of chemical exposure.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.Learning Objectives
- Identify the routes of entry into the body of hazardous substances
- Define categories of chemical toxins
- Identify signs and effects of toxic exposure
- Define terms associated with exposure to toxic substances
- Identify terms that describe the various combined effects of two chemicals