Students will learn to install, customize and administer the AIX operating system in a multi-user POWER (System p) partitioned environment.COURSE OBJECTIVES:
At course completion, you will be able to:- Install the AIX operating system, filesets, and RedHat Package Manager (RPM) packages - Perform system startup and shutdown - Discuss and use system management tools such as System Management Interface Tool (SMIT) and IBM systems director console for AIX - Manage physical and logical devices - Discuss the purpose of the logical volume manager - Perform logical volume and file system management - Perform and restore system backups - Use the AIX error log as a tool in problem determination - Configure TCP/IP networking
- Introduction to AIX and IBM Power systems
- AIX system management tools
- AIX software installation and maintenance
- System configuration and devices
- TCP/IP networking
- System startup and shutdown
- Basics of configuring logical partitions
- AIX installation
- Working with the Logical Volume Manager
- File systems administration
- The Object Data Manager
- LVM metadata
- Disk management procedures
- Backup and restore
- Error monitoring
- System initialization - I
- System initialization - II
- The AIX system dump facility
- Advanced install techniques
- Alternate disk installation
- Alternate disk - part 1 (pre-clone)
- Using multibos
- Alternate disk - part 2 (post-clone)
- Appendix A: Survey of additional AIX facilities
This intermediate course is appropriate for experienced UNIX system administrators who want to support AIX running on POWER processor based systems in a mult-iuser POWER (System p) partitioned environment.
Virtual AN140 IBM AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.