This course includes Cisco Training Exclusives
EXCLUSIVE TO GLOBAL KNOWLEDGE - Accelerate your Cisco learning experience with complimentary access to the IT Skills Video On-Demand Library, Introduction to Cybersecurity digital learning course, course recordings, IT Resource Library, and digital courseware.
This course is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. It prepares network security engineers with the knowledge and skills needed for protecting data traversing a public or shared infrastructure, such as the Internet, by implementing and maintaining Cisco VPN solutions. You will gain hands-on experience with configuring and troubleshooting remote access and site-to-site VPN solutions using Cisco ASA adaptive security appliances and Cisco IOS routers.
For on-demand learning, you will have access to this course for 12 months from the purchase date.
This course includes 30 Cisco e-lab credits. Your e-Lab credits are good for 90 days after your course ends and can be used for additional practice on the course you just completed or to explore technologies from other courses in the Global Knowledge e-Lab portfolio. Learn more.
This course supports a certification that is a DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification and meets DoD 8140/8570 training requirements.
- Various VPN technologies and deployments as well as the cryptographic algorithms and protocols that provide VPN security
- Implement and maintain Cisco site-to-site VPN solutions
- Implement and maintain Cisco FlexVPN in point-to-point, hub-and-spoke, and spoke-to-spoke IPsec VPNs
- Implement and maintain Cisco clientless SSL VPNs
- Implement and maintain Cisco AnyConnect SSL and IPsec VPNs
- Implement and maintain endpoint security and dynamic access policies (DAP)
1. Fundamentals of VPN Technologies and Cryptography
- The Role of VPNs in Network Security
- VPNs and Cryptography
2. Deploying Secure Site-to-Site Connectivity Solutions
- Introducing Cisco Secure Site-to-Site Connectivity Solutions
- Deploying Point-to-Point IPsec VPNs on the Cisco ASA
- Deploying Cisco IOS VTI-Based Point-to-Point IPsec VPNs
- Deploying Cisco IOS DMVPNs
3. Deploying Cisco IOS Site-to-Site FlexVPN Solutions
- Introducing Cisco IOS Site-to-Site FlexVPN Solutions
- Deploying Point-to-Point IPsec VPNs Using Cisco IOS FlexVPN
- Deploying Hub-and-Spoke IPsec VPNs Using Cisco IOS FlexVPN
- Deploying Spoke-to-Spoke IPsec VPNs Using Cisco IOS FlexVPN
- Deploying Basic Cisco Clientless SSL VPN
- Clientless SSL VPN Overview
- Deploying Basic Cisco Clientless SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Deploying Application Access in Cisco ASA Clientless SSL VPN
- Deploying Advanced Authentication and Authorization in Clientless SSL VPN
4. Deploying Cisco AnyConnect VPNs
- Deploying Basic Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Deploying Advanced Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Deploying Advanced Authentication and Authorization in Cisco AnyConnect VPNs
- Deploying Cisco AnyConnect IPsec/IKEv2 VPNs
5. Deploying Endpoint Security and Dynamic Access Policies
- Implementing Host Scan
- Implementing DAP for SSL VPNs
Network security engineers