This seminar imparts an overview of PRINCE2®. Students learn the vocabulary, all important elements and get an idea of how project management with PRINCE2® works. Exercises, examples and exam preparations complete the seminar.
This course is intended for:- Project manager - Members of project board (steering committee) - Team manager in projects, project resources (Team members) - Senior project owner, senior managers - Programme and Portfolio managers - internal and external consultants - Auditors, quality assurance, risk managers
- What is a project?
- What is project management?
- Why using a method?
- PRINCE2® is based on principles that ensure the benefits of the method.
- PRINCE2® provides a set of activities required to direct, manage and deliver a project successfully.
- PRINCE2® themes describe aspects of project management that must be addressed continually: Business Case, Organization, Plans, Quality, Risk, Changes and Progress.
- PRINCE2® offers a complete set of templates for the documentation of the project.
- PRINCE2® can be used whatever the project scale, complexity, geography or culture. Tailoring refers to the appropriate use of the method to any given project and environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to...- overlook the PRINCE2® framework – including all important elements of the method - understand the importance of a method for a successful project - understand a process-orientation in a project - understand the basics of a PRINCE2® implementation - prepare for the official PRINCE2® Foundation exam