Decrease new hire turnover by revamping your orientation methods
Start your new employees off on the right track so they stay around for the long haul.
You invest tons of time and money recruiting and hiring the best. Why waste it all on ineffective orientation practices? Keep your new employees around for the long haul by giving them the best start possible — a personalized onboarding experience.
Onboarding is a new approach to employee orientation that goes beyond just settling your employees in. It engages, integrates, and gets your new hires productive quicker — directly improving retention rates and the overall success of your organization.
We know you’re under tremendous stress to retain your new hires, and that’s why we’ve created The Essentials of Employee Onboarding — to help you do just that!
Get insider secrets that will make employee onboarding work for you!
In this all-new webinar, you’ll learn step-by-step how to create an onboarding program that really works; secrets to welcoming and quickly getting your new hires engaged and productive; tips for accurately measuring the success of your onboarding program; and much, much more.
Don’t miss this fantastic learning opportunity that is guaranteed to protect your hiring investment by getting and keeping your new employees engaged, motivated, and thriving.
A Glance at Your Agenda …
- Employee orientation vs. onboarding — what’s the big difference?
- Preparation work you MUST do before your new hires’ first day
- 7 characteristics of a successful onboarding experience
- A step-by-step approach to building an effective onboarding program
- 3 tips to get your new employee engaged in the company’s culture
- Simple strategies for quickly making new hires feel like part of the team
- Quick tips for improving time-to-productivity
- 8 common mistakes that create buyer’s remorse in your new hires and how to avoid them
- Measure your onboarding program’s success
Q & A: Session
Upon enrolling in the webinar, you will have the opportunity to submit your questions via e-mail. Time permitting, your trainer will address questions from webinar participants. Many questions will be addressed in the webinar itself. Others will be addressed in the supporting materials that will be available exclusively to webinar participants.
Cancelation Policy: If you cannot attend an event, you may send someone else in your place. If that isn’t an option for you, cancellations received up to five working days before the event are refundable, minus a registration service charge ($10 for one-day events; $25 for multiple-day events). After that, cancellations are subject to the entire seminar fee, which you may apply toward a future seminar. Please note that if you don’t cancel and don’t attend, you are still responsible for payment.