90% … Communication Skills for Project Managers frames project management in terms of communications. Through communication skills we view the phases, knowledge areas and skill sets noted in major project management methodologies.
Communications skills are essential to effective project management. We will focus on developing complete communication skills: written, spoken, presentation and the use of tools and techniques.
- Understand basic communication theory
- Learn the 7 biggest barriers to successful communications
- Evaluate the communication issues within your team
- Identify communication styles in your stakeholder and team
- Develop communication strategies that will drive projects to success
- Develop journaling techniques: communicate with yourself
- View project phases through a communicator’s eyes
- Learn to reframe your projects around communication goals
- Learn to value C3: Clear, Concise and Complete communications
- Value strong meeting facilitation skills
- Embrace the art of active listening
- Develop presentation skills for audiences of one to a hundred
- Learn the 10 communication skills every person needs to know.