This course is designed for network administrators who are migrating from a traditional Cisco IOS environment to routing and switching platforms that use the Nexus Operating System (NX-OS). You will learn about the key components and procedures needed for installing and managing Cisco Nexus 9000, 7000, 5000, 2000, and 1000v series switches. This course covers important troubleshooting procedures for these platforms as well.
- Describe the differences between the Cisco IOS and NX-OS operating systems.
- Describe the features and functionality of the Cisco NX-OS.
- Describe how the Cisco NX-OS is used for functionality specific to different Cisco Nexus switching platforms, such as the 7000-series, 5000-series, and 1000-series switches.
- Understand basic and advanced configurations of the Cisco Nexus 7000-series, 5000-series, and 1000-series switches using the NX-OS.
- Understand basic and advanced configurations of the Cisco Virtual Security Gateway.
- Understand troubleshooting techniques for the Cisco Nexus 7000-series, 5000-series, and 1000-series switches using the NX-OS.
1.áThe Cisco Nexus platform and NX-OS
- Cisco Nexus Productsá
- Nexus 7000 and 7700 Features at a High Levelá
- Nexus 9000 Features at a High Levelá
- The NX-OS Software Architectureááá
- Cisco NX-OS Architecture, Key Features, and Capabilities
2.áConfiguring Layer 2 Features using the NX-OS
- Virtual Device Contexts (VDCs) in the Nexus 7000 Switchesá
- Configuring Layer 2 Switching Featuresááá
- Configuring Nexus Fabric Extenders (FEX)áá
- Port Channels and Virtual Port Channels (VPCs)á
3.áFiber Channel and FCoE
- Fiber Channel Protocol
- Configuring FCoE
- Configuring SAN Switching Featuresá
4.áLayer 3 Features using the NX-OSáá
- Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) Contexts
- Static Routing
- Unicast RIB and FIB
- Route Policy Manager
- Policy-Based Routing (PBR)
- First Hop Redundancy Protocols (HSRP/VRRP/GLBP)
- Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV)áá
5.áVXLAN on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- VXLAN Overview
- Use of VTEPs
- VXLAN Routing
6.áCisco NX-OS on the Nexus 1000v Virtual Switch
- Network, systems, and consulting systems engineers
- Network designers, administrators, and managers