This course teaches you advanced database administration skills for
the IBM PureData System for Analytics (PDA) N1001 and N2001 appliances.
This course is designed to give you a working knowledge and
understanding on IBM PureData System for Analytics (PDA) N1001 and N2001
appliance internals to optimize IBM PDA performance and tune system
parameters. This course provides an overview of IBM PDA administration
It includes content and labs on the features introduced in NPS 7 including full schema support.
What You'll Learn
- Analyze Plan files
- Perform query analysis and troubleshooting
- Optimize data distributions
- Interact with advanced CLI commands
- Use nzsql and workload management:
- Determine workload management requirements
- Make use of the System Management functionality
Who Needs to Attend
This intermediate course is for database administrators, system
administrators, application developers, and data warehouse architects.
You should have successfully completed the IBM PureData System for Analytics Appliance Usage course.
- High availability architecture
- DBOS internals and system log files
- nzsql and scripting
- nzevents and event processing
- Analyzing plan files
- Analyzing and optimizing query performance
- Workload management
- System management
- Configuring query history
- Backup and restore
- Security including authenticating users with LDAP, SSL