This course provides training for administering and customizing IBM
Rational ClearQuest. It examines planning and implementing defect and
change request tracking processes, customizing ClearQuest to facilitate
these operations, and administering the ClearQuest system. This course
is recommended for new ClearQuest administrators or system architects
who want to learn to manage the defect and change tracking process with
IBM Rational ClearQuest.
What You'll Learn
- Plan and implement defect and change tracking processes.
- Understand the structure of ClearQuest schemas and packages.
- Use ClearQuest to track defects and change requests.
- Customize ClearQuest with ClearQuest Designer.
- Develop automation processes using ClearQuest API functions.
- Administer ClearQuest user and group accounts.
- Understand the functionality of ClearQuest Web and ClearQuest e-mail subsystems.
- Administer a ClearQuest system including installation, upgrade, import, export, and integration.
Who Needs to Attend
This is an intermediate course for:
- IBM Rational ClearQuest administrators
- System architects
- Have some basic knowledge of relational database management systems.
- Know the meaning of defect and change tracking.
- Have some experience with script development using VBScript and/or Perl.
- Understand the need for collaborative development.
- SCM110: Principles of Defect and Change Tracking with IBM Rational ClearQuest
- Essentials of IBM Rational ClearQuest, V7( RS204)
- Defect and change tracking, and ClearQuest administrative tools
- Planning and implementing defect and change tracking processes
- Using Rational ClearQuest to submit change requests, modify existing records, run queries, create charts, and generate reports
- Use the ClearQuest Designer to customize a schema, apply a package, create a test database, and test the customized schema
- How to use the ClearQuest Designer to customize the defect and change tracking process
- How to use the ClearQuest Designer to customize fields and forms
- How to use hooks and scripts to enhance the defect and change tracking mechanism
- How to call ClearQuest API functions in external application programs
- ClearQuest system requirements and how to install and upgrade IBM Rational ClearQuest
- How to manage user and group accounts in ClearQuest
- How to use ClearQuest Web and ClearQuest e-mail subsystems
- How to perform import and export operations in ClearQuest
- How to integrate ClearQuest with other Rational Software products such as IBM Rational ClearCase and third party products
- Using ClearQuest Diagnostics to evaluate and debug hooks and scripts.
- Integrating ClearQuest with LDAP