Learn the best practices for writing great object-oriented programs in Java 8. YouÆll use sound development techniques, new improved features for better performance, and new capabilities for addressing rapid application development. Emphasis is placed on object oriented concepts and best practices.
This course also introduces new features in Java 9 and Java 10, including the Java Modular System and Local Variable Type Inference. YouÆll leave this course able to participate in projects that are on Java 8, while ready to move onto projects using Java 10.
Join an engaging hands-on learning environment, where youÆll:
- Understand what OO programming is and its advantages
- Work with objects, classes, and OO implementations
- Understand the basic OO concepts such as encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism, and abstraction
- Understand the fundamentals of the Java language and its importance, uses, strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the basics of the Java language and how it relates to OO programming and the Object Model
- Learn to use Java exception handling
- Understand and use classes, inheritance, and polymorphism
- Understand and use collections, generics, autoboxing, and enumerations
- Become familiar with the concept of functional programming using Lambda Expressions
- Process large amounts of data using the Stream API
- Discover the new Date/Time API
- Use the JDBC API for database access
- Work with annotations
This course has a 50% hands-on labs to 50% lecture ratio with engaging instruction, demos, group discussions, labs, and project work.
Developers with little or no Object-Oriented background.