This course covers recent significant enhancements in System p
hardware, firmware, and AIX. This includes POWER8 systems and
enhancements to the HMC and VIOS.
What You'll Learn
- Discuss POWER8 hardware
- Discuss and manage 8 thread simultaneous multi-threading
- Discuss HMC enhancements
- Discuss PowerVM enhancements
- Discuss SR-IOV
Who Needs to Attend
This advanced course is for System p and AIX administrators and
anyone involved in the planning and support of POWER based systems
You must have basic AIX, LPAR, and PowerVM system administration experience.
The AIX prerequisite can be met by attending one of the following classes or students can have equivalent AIX skills.
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration (AN12)
- AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals (AN14)
The LPAR and PowerVM prerequisite can be met by attending the following class or students can have equivalent LPAR skills.
- Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization (AN30)
- Survey of recent announcements
- POWER8 hardware and new adapters
- PowerVM enhancements
- Performance monitoring and management with SMT-8
- SSP enhancements
- New HMC (V8R810) graphic user interface (GUI)
- SR-IOV adapter management