In this course, you will learn how to use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software
development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration. You should have
previous Red Hat Satellite experience, since the course will compare Red Hat Satellite
6 features and terminology with Red Hat Satellite 5.
What You'll Learn
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users, and roles
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet
Who Needs to Attend
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management
of multiple servers
RHCE Certification or equivalent experience
1. Red Hat Satellite installation
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise
Linux software content.
2. Red Hat Satellite organization
- Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
3. Red Hat Satellite client registration
- Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
4. Incorporate software management into SDLC
- Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated
to hosts. Evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
5. Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
- Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
6. Configuration management with Puppet
- Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
7. Centralized management and deployment of system configurations
- Configure hosts using Puppet.
Note: The course outline is subject to change as technology changes.
Students will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration, and learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Puppet configuration management upon deployment.