One of the important administrator functions is accessing different trace files, syslog messages, and counters that indicate the current system and appliance health using the Cisco Unified Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT). Another highly important task is the backup and restore procedure on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, or Cisco Unified Presence. This course describes the monitoring options and different reports that are available in Cisco Unity Connection. Also covered is the Disaster Recovery System and how it is used for backup and restore procedures in Cisco Unified Communications solutions.Learning Objectives
- Describe the general parameters of Cisco Unified RTMT
- Identify how to use the Cisco Unified RTMT for system monitoring the Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Identify the monitoring options that are available in Cisco Unity Connection
- Describe the available Cisco Unity Connection reports
- Describe the features of the Disaster Recovery System
- Describe how the Disaster Recovery System performs backup and restore procedures
Individuals seeking to obtain effective skills to administer technologies in a voice network. Candidates should have completed 640-802 Cisco Certified Network Associate, or 640-822 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 and 640-816 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2. Candidates should also have working knowledge of converged voice and data networks, basic knowledge of Cisco IOS gateways, and basic knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity Connection.