In order to operate and ensure availability of a network, it is critical to have visibility and awareness into what is occurring on the network at any given time. Network telemetry offers extensive and useful detection capabilities that can be coupled with dedicated analysis systems to collect, trend, and correlate observed activity. Baseline network telemetry is both inexpensive and relatively simple to implement. This course highlights the baseline forms of telemetry recommended for network infrastructure devices, including NTP, logging, and NetFlow on Cisco IOS Software and Cisco ASA 5500-X Series devices.Learning Objectives
- Start the course
- Describe features of NTP
- Configure NTP on Cisco IOS Software
- Sequence the tasks in configuring NTP on the Cisco ASA
- Match the syslog severity levels with examples of them
- Configure logging on Cisco IOS software
- Configure logging on the Cisco ASA
- Describe the functions of Netflow
- Configure Netflow on Cisco IOS software
- Configure Netflow on the Cisco ASA
- Configure NTP, logging, and Netflow on Cisco IOS software or the ASA in a given scenario
Anyone wishing to obtain the Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS) v1.0 certification; one of four designed for the CCNP Security track from Cisco. Knowledge of Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification is required and knowledge of Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security certification and Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating System are helpful.
Note: Candidates who have a valid CCNA Routing and Switching certification AND have passed either Securing Cisco Network Devices exams 642-551 or 642-552 can act as a prerequisite valid only through December 31, 2014.