How does the law impact you in your day-to-day operations? Have you ever thought about the issue of legal accountability and how it will determine the decisions you have to make as a manager?
Because you're a manager, you're in a position of leadership. In many cases, this means you bear the responsibility of protecting your employees, your organization, and yourself from legal issues. Through this course, you'll be made aware of some of the most common business law issues that can impact you in your daily activities. These include the function of sales and contracts, managing intellectual property, dealing with employment issues, and understanding your role in protecting your organization from liability.
Although you don't have to be a legal expert, ignorance of the law is no excuse. By informing yourself, you can protect yourself and those around you from damaging legal issues. The first step is becoming aware of basic concepts and areas of business law and how they apply to your work.Learning Objectives
- Describe the nature and function of business law
- Recognize the value of learning the essentials of business law as a manager
- Classify manager responsibilities related to sales law and contract law
- Classify manager responsibilities related to employment law and intellectual property law
- Assess a business scenario in terms of the responsibilities of managers and implications for liability