When project managers set their sights on delivering creative project solutions on time and within budget, they must select and manage a team of experienced and competent professionals who can meet the challenge. This requires that project managers understand the Project Human Resource Management processes of planning, selecting, developing, and managing a project team. While selecting the right team to do the work is critical to project success, it doesn't stop there. Good project managers know how to create the right type of atmosphere for their projects, keep their team members motivated throughout the project, and manage issues and changes that could possibly derail a project team.
This course emphasizes the importance of good project human resource management to overall project performance. It covers the inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs of the first two Project Human Resource Management processes: Plan Human Resource Management and Acquire Project Team. This course provides a foundational knowledge base reflecting the most up-to-date project management information so learners can effectively put principles to work at their own organizations. This course will assist in preparing the learner for the PMI® certification exam.
This course is aligned with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition, published by the Project Management Institute (PMI®), Inc., 2013. Copyright and all rights reserved. Material from this publication has been reproduced with the permission of PMI®.Learning Objectives
- Identify responsibilities of a project management team in relation to human resources management
- Identify the human resource responsibilities of a project manager
- Identify the Process Group to which each Project Human Resource Management process belongs
- Recognize examples of inputs to developing a human resource management plan
- Match the format for presenting project team roles and responsibilities with characteristics
- Identify the tools and techniques of the Plan Human Resource Management process
- Recognize examples of information that should be included in the roles and responsibilities section of a human resource management plan
- Identify the information that should be contained in a staffing management plan
- Identify the type of information that is necessary to acquire a project team
- Match techniques for acquiring a project team with examples
- Identify the techniques for acquiring a project team
- Recognize examples of events that would trigger an update to the human resource management plan
- Identify the outputs of the Acquire Project Team process