Windows 8 includes new technologies to backup and protect end systems. It also includes tighter integration with cloud services for secure, off-site storage. This course covers recovery methods for a whole Windows 8 system, such as PC Refresh and PC Reset; planning to recover files using file history and backups on-site and off-site, cloud based. It also covers antimalware and endpoint protection and ways that can be managed by System Center and Intune. This course is one of a series which cover the objectives for Microsoft Exam 70-688: Managing and Maintaining Windows 8. This exam is a requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows 8 certification.
Please note this course is based on the original Windows 8 release. Skillsoft recommends visiting the vendor website to confirm exam requirements.Learning Objectives
- Distinguish between recovery solutions for Windows 8 PCs
- Choose a backup and recovery solution for Windows 8, given a scenario
- Differentiate between the update services available for Windows 8
- Manage client security using Windows Defender
- Compare Intune Endpoint Protection and System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection
- Design a backup and recovery solution with endpoint protection for Windows 8 PCs