This course covers types, selection, maintenance, and care of personal protective equipment in the workplace. The types of personal protective equipment (PPE) covered in the course include: hard hat, respiratory protection, hearing protection, and body protection. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements.
Learner objectives are to: describe the proper use of the various types of PPE commonly found in general industry, identify the level of protection that a user is provided when wearing specific types of PPE, and discuss the general maintenance and care techniques used for various types of PPE.Learning Objectives
- Identify basic facts associated with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Identify actions to take before using PPE.
- Identify the proper selection, use, and maintenance of various types of hard hats.
- Identify the characteristics of protective footwear.
- Identify the characteristics of fully encapsulating and non-encapsulating suits.
- Identify the characteristics of protective clothing.
- Select appropriate eye protection to protect against various hazards.
- Identify types of hearing protection.
- Identify characteristics of respiratory protection.
- Identify characteristics of SCBA.
- Identify characteristics of air-purifying respirators.
- Identify the level of protection that a user is provided when wearing specific types of PPE.
- Recognize proper donning and doffing techniques.
- Identify general guidelines of fall protection.