This course will provide an awareness-level orientation of basic workplace security fundamentals and appropriate actions for workers to take in the event of potential threat situations that may be encountered in the workplace, including encountering trespassers, receiving phone threats, dealing with workplace violence incidents, evacuating during an emergency, and protecting against various types of terrorist acts. The content in this course is designed to comply with the intent of the applicable regulatory requirements.
Learner objectives are to identify general security guidelines and best practices, recall how to deal with trespassers and unknown persons in the workplace, describe how to deal with threatening phone calls, identify actions to take in the event of workplace violence incidents, recall steps to take in the event emergency situations require evacuation, and describe protective measures to take in the event of various acts of terrorism in the workplace, including mail tampering, biological threats, chemical threats, explosions, nuclear blasts, and radiation threats.
Workplace Security Awareness was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.Learning Objectives
- Identify general security guidelines and best practices
- Cite how to deal with trespassers and unknown persons in the workplace
- Cite how to deal with threatening phone calls
- Identify actions to take in the event of workplace violence incidents
- Identify correct statements pertaining to evacuation procedures
- Identify steps to follow when encountering suspicious mail
- Identify actions to take in the event of biological or chemical threats
- Identify appropriate steps to take in the event of a fire
- Identify actions to take in the event of a nuclear blast