You Will Learn How To:
- Architect the physical database structure to build a data warehouse
- Apply indexing and materialized views for performance
- Extract and ensure data integrity
- Transform data during migration
- Load data into a data warehouse
Hands-On Experience Includes:
- Building a physical database from a logical model
- Extracting data from multiple sources
- Creating a bus matrix
- Transforming and loading data
- Creating a cube
About This Course:
A successful data warehouse project involves a set of concepts and methods designed to implement a data store as a basis for the business decision-making process. In this course, you gain the skills needed to develop an effective roadmap to implementing a robust data warehouse solution. Specifically, you learn to forward engineer a relational database from a logical model, extract, transform and load operational data based on organizational needs and employ Business Intelligence (BI) tools to slice and dice data.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone interested in implementing a data warehouse solution in their organization, and those who need to re-engineer an existing data warehouse. Prior experience with a data warehousing implementation and/or databases is helpful but not required.