You Will Learn How To:
- Apply Data Warehouse dimensional modeling techniques to support business processes
- Review denormalization techniques to optimize database performance
- Identify the advantages of Star Schemas over Snowflake Schemas
- Implement basic dimension table techniques
Hands-On Experience Includes:
- Distinguishing normalized or denormalized schema
- Prioritizing business requests
- Creating a bus matrix
- Building a star schema
- Querying a star schema
About This Course:
A successful data warehouse project involves a set of concepts and methods designed to implement a data store as a basis for the business decision-making process. In this course, you gain the skills needed to develop an effective roadmap to implementing a robust data warehouse solution. Specifically, you learn to differentiate top-down and bottom-up approaches to data warehousing, formulate and prioritize business requirements and apply dimensional modeling to improve business decisions.
Anyone interested in implementing a data warehouse solution in their organization, and those who need to re-engineer an existing data warehouse. Prior experience with a data warehousing implementation and/or databases is helpful but not required.