You Will Learn How To:
- Evaluate whether a Modern Perl extension will suit your application
- Choose the best Modern Perl package to complete your task
- Grasp the basic syntax additions of some Modern Perl frameworks
- Simplify your existing Perl code with Modern Perl packages, and more ...
Hands-On Experience Includes:
- Building an Object-Oriented package with Moose
- Accessing a Database with DBIx::Class
- Constructing a web application with Mojolicious
- Designing an MVC application using Catalyst, and more ...
About This Course:
Frequently, Perl business applications include web and database access in an object-oriented manner. Modern Perl packages provide a simplified set of frameworks that build on the existing Perl core language to accomplish the common tasks associated with developing such applications. This course demonstrates how to use Modern Perl to best achieve this.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed to expose existing Perl programmers to the CPAN packages that comprise what is known as Modern Perl. A background in Perl programming equivalent to Course 431, Perl Programming Introduction, is required to take this course.