The Rules and Practice of Ethical Referrals and Referral Fees
The rules governing client referrals are extensive and specific, and their application to unique situations merits careful consideration. This legal ethics course will give you the knowledge you'll need to comply with the ethics rules and allow greater flexibility in your client intake, business development, and referrals practices. Register today!
- Learn when you can - or must - refer out the case and to whom. _x000D_
- Clarify when it's okay to receive referral fees and learn to draft airtight referral fee and fee splitting agreements. _x000D_
- Understand how attorney-client matching websites work and the potential risks they may pose. _x000D_
Session Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern
_x000D_ Presented by Steven R. Sorenson
- When and How to Refer Out a Case_x000D_
- Non-Attorney Referral Fees (Model Rules 5.4(a) and 7.2(b))_x000D_
- Exceptions to the Referral Fees Rules_x000D_
- Fee Sharing/Fee Splitting_x000D_
- Departing Attorney Fee Sharing/Fee Splitting_x000D_
- Attorney-Client Matching Websites_x000D_
- Hidden Traps of Referral Fee Agreements_x000D_
- Best Practices_x000D_
This legal ethics guide to referrals is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit legal marketing professionals and paralegals.