Identify Legal Landmines and Enact Solid Risk Management Policies
Are your school's policies fully in line with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act? In this program, knowledgeable faculty will help you recognize red flags in special education policies, services, placement decisions, and disciplinary practices so you can spot risks and resolve them before they turn into costly lawsuits. Pick up real-world knowledge and strategies for addressing disproportionality and ensuring full compliance with the law. Register today!
- Analyze district special education policies to determine if they discriminate._x000D_
- Find out how to prevent subjectivity in placement decisions._x000D_
- Examine what districts can do to ensure fairness in discipline and suspensions._x000D_
Session Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
_x000D_ Presented by: Matthew W. Bell
- Disparate Impact Analysis of District Special Education Policies: Do They Discriminate?_x000D_
- Avoiding Subjectivity in Placement Decisions_x000D_
- Recognizing and Halting the Use of Special Education as a Disciplinary Tool_x000D_
- Disparities in Special Education Services: Students of Color and More Restrictive Settings_x000D_
- Ensuring Fairness in Discipline and Suspensions_x000D_
This program is designed for attorneys. School administrators, superintendents, board members, principals, teachers and paralegals may also benefit.