This course is designed to introduce ETL developers to DataStage 11.3.
Describe the uses of DataStage and the DataStage workflowDescribe the Information Server architecture and how DataStage fits within itDescribe the Information Server and DataStage deployment optionsUse the Information Server Web Console and the DataStage Administrator client to create DataStage users and to configure the DataStage environmentImport and export DataStage objects to a fileImport table definitions for sequential files and relational tablesDesign, compile, run, and monitor DataStage parallel jobsDesign jobs that read and write to sequential filesDescribe the DataStage parallel processing architectureDesign jobs that combine data using joins and lookupsDesign jobs that sort and aggregate dataImplement complex business logic using the DataStage Transformer stageDebug DataStage jobs using the DataStage PX DebuggerRead and write to database tables using DataStage ODBC and DB2 Connector stagesWork with the Repository functions such as search and impact analysisBuild job sequences that control batches of jobs
- Unit 01: Introduction to DataStage
- Unit 02: Deployment
- Unit 03: DataStage Administration
- Unit 04: Working With Metadata
- Unit 05: Creating Parallel Jobs
- Unit 06: Accessing Sequential Data
- Unit 07: Partitioning and Collecting
- Unit 08: Combining Data
- Unit 09: Group Processing Stages
- Unit 10: Transformer Stage
- Unit 11: Repository Functions
- Unit 12: Working with Relational Data
- Unit 13: Job Control
This is a basic course for project administrators and ETL developers responsible for data extraction and transformation using DataStage.