Take an Insightful Peek Behind the Curtain of Judges' Decision-Making Processes
Hear decision-makers' perspectives on critical evidence mistakes and best practices! This discussion will give you real-world guidance on future requests, evidence production, authentication, evidence admission efforts and much more. Explore common scenarios, discover judges' opinions and preferences, and gain practical suggestions you can utilize in your own practice. See matters from the bench's perspective - register today!
- Identify the most common evidence errors that judges hope you'll avoid.
- Understand how judges view evidentiary issues so you can make more strategic decisions.
- Find out how to more effectively keep evidence out, present evidence at trial and more.
Session Time: 2:00 - 3:30 PM Eastern
Justice Patricia A. Hurst
Justice William E. Carnes Jr.
Moderator: Brooks R. Magratten
- Mistakes in Requesting Evidence
- Production Mistakes
- Authentication Issues
- Hearsay Issues
- Expert Report and Examination Missteps
- Admissibility Hurdles
- Objections, Challenges and Other Ways of Keeping the Evidence Out
- When Judges Get Involved in Discovery Disputes
- Evidence Presentation at Trial
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.