A Practical Guide to Condo Fee Collection and Covenant Enforcement
Condo and homeowner association (HOA) fees and covenants are put in place for the benefit of the community, but unfortunately not everyone always sees eye-to-eye on them. When individual owners fail to pay fees or follow rules and covenants, you need strategies to efficiently resolve the situation while preserving the harmony of the community. Obtain essential strategies to resolve condo covenant and non-payment disputes - register today!
- Confidently utilize liens and other collection tools to collect delinquent condo and HOA fees.
- Gather critical evidence that conclusively proves violations of condo and HOA rules and covenants.
- Understand the ins and outs of selective enforcement, waivers and other defenses to enforcement.
Session Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern
Presenters: Ryan D. Poliakoff
- Collecting Delinquent Condominium and HOA Fees
- The Condominium Concept - Ownership and Sharing of Expenses
- How Fees are Levied: Percentage Basis and Uniform Basis
- Tools for Collection - Lien and Foreclosure Authority
- Personal Liability for Delinquent Fees and Subsequent Owner Responsibility
- Enforcing Condo and HOA Covenants and Rules
- Gathering Evidence of Violations
- Requirements for Enforcement - Notice and Consistency
- Creating New Prohibitions - Governing Documents and Rules and Regulations
- Defenses to Enforcement - Selective Enforcement and Waiver
- Punishment for Violations: Levying Fines, Suspending Privileges, Etc.
- Due Process Requirements
This guide to collecting condo and HOA fees and enforcing covenants is for attorneys. Accountants, condo association directors, officers, real estate professionals and attorneys may also benefit.