Are You Up to Speed on the Sweeping Changes Regarding Lien Stripping?
Enhance your knowledge of lien avoidance and stripping after the SCOTUS decision. Get the best possible outcome for your clients in Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases and gain new insight into availability of "Chapter 20" relief. Order today!
- Explore lien stripping implications and avoidance in Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Identify opportunities in bankruptcy cases after the SCOTUS decision.
- Be prepared for litigation issues that arise in lien stripping and avoidance cases
1:00 PM to 4:15 PM Eastern Standard Time
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM, Roger Poorman
- Lien Stripping: A Brief Overview of the Process
- When to Strip Liens
- The New Bankruptcy Rules and How They Affect Liens
- Chapter 13 Overview
- What the SCOTUS Decision Means for Lien Stripping in Chapter 7
- Implications for Chapter 13?
- Implications for Chapter 11?
2:45 PM - 4:15 PM, Aurelius P. Robleto
- Treatment of Liens and Lien Stripping/Avoidance
- Strategies Between Chapters
- Availability of "Chapter 20" Relief
- The BAP Case: Free v. Malaier
- Recent Case Law
- Litigation Issues That Arise in Lien Stripping/Lien Avoidance Cases
This course is designed for attorneys. Accountants will also benefit.