Handle Contentious Purchase Agreement Disputes With Confidence
Purchase agreement disputes require a well-versed practitioner in order to get the results clients demand. How confident are you in your abilities? What is the best way to deal with undisclosed property defects? How should previously unkown easements be handled when they pop up on land surveys? Find out the answers to these questions and more, in addition to getting the other information you need to confidently handle purchase agreement disputes. Register today!
- Determine the best course of action to take during property value misrepresentation claims.
- Find solutions for earnest money disputes and escrow issues before they derail the transaction.
- Weigh the strengths and weaknesses of different methods to resolve real estate purchase agreement disputes.
Session Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Steven R. Sorenson
- Clarify the Issues to be Resolved
- Identify the Dispute - Is it Dispute of Facts or Law?
- Verify the Facts if Fact Based
- Verify the Law if Law Based
- Evaluate the Remedies and Make a Plan
- Specific Issues and Specific Solutions
- Misrepresentation of Property Value
- Undisclosed Property Defects
- Title Defects
- Survey Problems - Easements, Encroachments, etc.
- Contingency Disputes
- Broker and Agent Issues
- Earnest Money Disputes and Escrow Issues
- The Remedy
- Liquidated Damage Clauses
- Mediation and/or Arbitration
This overview of purchase agreement disputes is for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.