Stay Up to Date on the Most Important Legal Ethics Rules and Risks
You're devoted to your clients and to upholding the law. But legal practice is never static, and the changes constantly create new ethical challenges and traps for the unwary. Are you unwittingly jeopardizing your clients' welfare and possibly your license? Do you have all the latest information you need to protect confidentiality, guard against conflicts of interest, and prevent malpractice? This fast-paced guide offers legal ethics tactics that will help you maintain your impeccable professional reputation. Find out where the areas of most contention lie and avoid missteps that lead to legal and financial exposure. Register today!
- Clarify what restrictions on attorney communications on- and offline are currently vigorously enforced.
- Find out what new conflicts of interest you may not be checking for.
- Mitigate the ethical risks of practicing law in another state.
- Make certain the clients' or your move to cloud computing does not jeopardize client confidentiality.
- Ethically and effectively deal with financially distressed clients who owe you money.
- Get a procedural update on resolving bar grievances and other disciplinary actions.
This is a rebroadcast of the original webcast delivered by Dennis P. Coffey and Steven R. Sorenson on March 31, 2015. Faculty will be available to answer your questions after the program.
All times are shown in Eastern time
- Attorney Speech - What Lawyers Can and Cannot Say...
2:00 - 2:30, Steven R. Sorenson
- Online - Law Firm Website, Personal and Professional Blogs, in Social Media, Free Legal Advice Forums, etc.
- About Judges
- To and About Opposing Counsel
- Multi-Jurisdictional Practice Ethics
2:30 - 3:00, Dennis P. Coffey
- Conflicts of Interest
3:00 - 3:30, Dennis P. Coffey
- For Disqualification Issues
- To Avoid Professional Negligence Claims
- To Avoid Malpractice
- In Hiring New Counsel
- Attorney Fees
3:45 - 4:15, Steven R. Sorenson
- Pricing Your Legal Services - Effective Billing Structures
- Engagement Agreements and Non-Engagement Letters
- Changing Client Contracts After Engagement
- Client Trust Accounts
- Effective and Ethical Fee Collection Tactics
- Resolving Fee Disputes
- Dealing with Financially Distressed Clients
- Handling Bar Grievances and Other Disciplinary Actions
4:15 - 4:45, Steven R. Sorenson
- Confidentiality, Loyalty and Attorney-Client Privilege
4:45 - 5:15, Dennis P. Coffey
- Case Law Shaping the Scope of Privilege Protections
- Cloud Computing and Confidentiality
This legal ethics course is designed for attorneys.