Get Up to Speed on the Latest ADA-Related Developments
With ever-evolving interpretations and a steady cascade of EEOC rulings, ADA compliance is a never-ending process for employers. This concise yet comprehensive overview of the biggest ADA developments will provide you with the information you need to ensure your clients' practices and policies are in full compliance with the law. Help employers mitigate the chances for expensive ADA-related lawsuits - register today!
- Get the latest information on job description language that can lead to EEOC scrutiny.
- Ensure employers are in full legal compliance when engaging in the ADA interactive process.
- Analyze the direct threat defense and understand when it can help - or harm - employers.
2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Eastern
Presenters: Charles J. Mataya and Craig Oliver
- "Disability" Defined: Key Takeaways From Current ADA Case Law
- Disability Discrimination in the Hiring Process: Interpreting Recent EEOC Rulings
- Interview Questions
- Job Descriptions
- Pre-Employment Medical Screening
- Perceived Disability in the Hiring Process
- Applicant Qualification Standards
- Reasonable Accommodations: Using Recent Case Law to Determine Employer Obligations
- Accommodation Process Triggers
- The Interactive Process: When Are Employer Obligations Met?
- Effective Accommodations vs. Highest Degree of Accommodation
- Pregnancy Discrimination: What You Need to Know
- "Direct Threat" Defenses: When Employers Should and Shouldn't Use Them
This teleconference on the latest ADA compliance issues is for attorneys. HR personnel, accountants and attorneys may also benefit.