Learn How to Handle Student Loan Defaults
While the U.S. economy shows signs of recovery from the recession and rates of household debt are slowly declining, student loan defaults continue to rise. Are you prepared to effectively advise clients on the options available to them when they can't make their loan payments? This timely course will guide you through the fundamentals of student loan structures and lifecycles, and then explore the latest options available to assist with student loan default. Build your skills and be prepared to handle these cases. Register today!
- Confidently advise clients on their repayment and default options.
- Recognize which student loans can be discharged in bankruptcy.
- Stay up to date on the latest government programs to assist students in default.
Session Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern
Presented by: David Friedman and Randall P. Ryder
- Types of Student Loans: Federal vs. Private
- Repayment Options
- Deferment and Forbearance
- Options for Discharging Student Loans
- Dealing with Defaulted Student Loans
- Debt Collection of Student Loans
- Defending Student Loan Lawsuits
This course is designed for attorneys. Lenders, CPAs, accountants, enrolled agents, financial planners and paralegals may also benefit.