Contract Pitfalls, Loan Documentation, Title Defects, Environmental Liabilities
Real estate transactions are rife with legal pitfalls, and even the most cautious practitioner can slip up. How confident are you in your ability to spot dangers - and resolve them - before they become unmanageable? This program is packed with practice pointers, checklists, provision language and case examples so you can successfully avoid traps when drafting agreements, dealing with title defects and more. Enhance your awareness and your practice - register today!
- Avoid common pitfalls when negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements, real estate leases and more.
- Pick up sample loan provision language and checklists.
- Discover how to spot off-record title defects - and gain best practices for curing them.
- Help your clients successfully manage risk of environmental liabilities.
All times are shown in Eastern time
2:00 PM - 3:30 PM, Scott R. Dismukes and Kevin J. Dunlevy
- Real Estate Contracts: Key Pitfalls
- Letters of Intent: Binding or Non-Binding - What They Must Include
- Purchase and Sale Agreements - Negotiating/Drafting Traps to Avoid
- Seller Viewpoint
- Purchaser Viewpoint
- Real Estate Leases - Using Case Law to Avoid Drafting Mistakes
- Sample Checklists and Agreement Language to Avoid Problems
- Loan Documentation Disasters to Avoid
- Choosing the Right Financing Option
- Key Mistakes Lenders and Attorneys Make
- Loan Documents: Lessons Learned When Things Go Bad (Review of Case Law)
- Sample Checklists and Loan Provision Language to Avoid Pitfalls
3:45 PM - 5:15 PM, Scott R. Dismukes and Kevin J. Dunlevy
- Fatal Defects Often Overlooked - How to Spot and Cure Them
- Fraud and Forgery
- Access, Easement and Encroachment Problems
- Legal Description Errors
- Liens, Foreclosure and Mortgage-Related Defects
- Rights of Third Parties - Unrecorded Leases and More
- Sample Checklists and Practice Pointers to Avoid Problems
- Environmental Issues in Real Estate Transactions
- Key Environmental Laws and Liabilities
- What Can Go Wrong and How: Case Law Review
- Environmental Provisions in Real Estate Transactions: Drafting Do's and Don'ts (w/Sample Language)
- Due Diligence Traps
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.