Minimize Disputes and Ensure Enforceability
Surrogacy is the fastest growing area of family law, and knowing the latest case law and key drafting provisions of surrogacy contracts is invaluable for a family law practitioner today. This focused legal briefing will go over the state of surrogacy laws around the country and will give you the tools you'll need to draft enforceable surrogacy contracts that anticipate future problems and minimize disputes. Register today!
- Learn how traditional and gestational surrogacy is distinguished in the eyes of the law.
- Find out how the jurisdiction will affect the enforceability of the surrogacy contract.
- Clarify the duties and rights of both the surrogate and the intended parents to prevent disputes.
Session Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Colleen M. Quinn
- Types of Surrogacy: Traditional vs. Gestational
- Surrogacy-Friendly Jurisdictions: The Latest Case Law from Around the United States
- Key Contract Provisions
- Matching Issues
- Physical and Mental Screening of Surrogate Mother
- Assisted Reproductive Technology Procedures
- Medical Expenses and Risk
- General Contract Provisions
- Compensation and Expense Issues, "Altruistic" Surrogacy
- Insurance Coverage - Surrogate/Carrier and Child
- Obligations of Surrogate/Carrier
- Obligations of Intended Parents
- Abortion and Selective Reduction Issues
- Confidentiality and Future Contact Provisions
- Parentage Proceedings
- Conditions of Contract Termination
- Medical Consent Forms and Hospital Procedures
- Contact Breach Provisions
- Dispute Resolution Provisions
- When Things Go Wrong
- Pregnancy Termination/Abortion/Selective Reduction
- Birth Defect(s)
- Pregnancy Poses a Danger to Surrogate Mother
- Too Many Fetuses
- Surrogate Mother Does Not Relinquish the Child
- Minor Breach Issues
- Enforceability of Surrogacy Agreement
- International Surrogacy Considerations
This cutting-edge legal briefing is designed for attorneys. It will also benefit adoption agency professionals, social workers and paralegals.