This class looks at the business issues which drive the need for a testing process & describes the components of this process. It is designed to help the testers develop an understanding of their role, the process, & the deliverables from testing.
Develop an understanding about basic concepts associated with software testingSee how testing applies to the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)Recognize benefits of improved quality of deployed software using testing techniquesIdentify the key roles, activities and deliverables which make up requirements-based testing Use a business Use Case to define scenarios for testingLearn how to create a test plan and write test cases with test dataUnderstand the process for testing functional requirementsIdentify the challenges of testing vendor-supplied applications
- Background – why is testing important?
- The Testing Lifecycle – A process overview
- Testing Types – A process overview
- Software Testing - the Basics
- Understanding the Tester’s Terminology
- The Test Planning Process
- Test Coverage
- Creating and Executing the Test Cases
- Verifying the Test Results
- Testing Vendor-Supplied Applications
This course is designed for developers, systems analysts, and testers who are involved with testing the functionality of technology projects.