This safety training book provides your Spanish-speaking employees with safety tips, handouts, quizzes, and reminders to prevent accidents and injuries, and it helps employers avoid costly OSHA fines and higher workers' compensation costs.
Training topics cover OSHA's most frequently violated standards including:
- Hazard communication
- Machine safety
- Confined spaces
- Electrical safety
- Material handling
- Fire safety
- Emergency response
- Workplace hazards
- And much more…
Provided in an easy-to-use manual format, this is perfect to assist you in training your Spanish-speaking workforce.
Select from more than 50 key occupational health and safety meeting topics, and then copy the reproducible handouts. You're ready to go with a brief and effective safety meeting that you can deliver in as little as 7 minutes.
Each meeting outline helps you comply with a specific OSHA safety training regulation, such as hazard communication, electrical safety, lockout/tagout, forklifts, etc. The sessions are effective and fast to get workers trained and back on the job. You get:
- 50 Pre-Written Safety Sessions
Save time with a pre-written training meeting on every important OSHA topic
- Reproducible, Illustrated Safety Handouts
Each meeting topic has cleverly illustrated handouts to ensure a lasting message.
- Safety Quizzes And Answer Keys
Be confident workers understand key concepts. All handouts and quizzes are presented in both English and Spanish.
- Easy-To-Use Recordkeeping System
Attendance sheets give OSHA proof that workers have received training.
- Training Tips For A Successful Safety Meeting
Detailed suggestions and ideas make anyone an effective trainer .
- Quarterly Updates
New and updated training meetings keep you up on newly regulated OSHA topics, liven up refresher training.
Table Of Contents
- Hazards of Confined Space
- Confined Space Permit Requirements
- Employee Roles in Confined Spaces
- Stay Current on Electrical Hazards
- How to Avoid Electrical Accidents
- Basic Fire Prevention Steps
- Fire Extinguishers—Types and Uses
- Preparing for Emergency Evacuations
- First Aid for Burns
- First Aid for Stopped Breathing
- Protect Yourself With Universal Precautions
- Chemical Hazard Communication
- Check the Label for Key Information
- What You'll Find on an MSDS 515
- Reduce Your Chance of Chemical Exposure
- Machine Safe Guarding
- What Is Lockout/Tagout?
- Preparing for and Performing
- a LO/TO Shutdown
- Pointers on Pinch Points
- Hand Tool Safety
- Portable Power Tool Safety
- Stationary Machinery Safety
- Safe Lifting Basics
- Special Lifting Situations
- Hand Trucks and Dollies
- Forklift Safety
- Loading Dock Safety
- Crane and Sling Safety
- Hard Facts on Hard Hats
- Eye Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Respiratory Protection
- Hand Protection
- Foot Protection
- Dealing With Work Stress
- Reduce the Risk of Heart Attack
- Are You Ready to Quit Smoking?
- Identifying Substance Abuse
- Dealing with Over-the-Counter Drugs
- The Right Attitude Towards Safety
- First Rule of Safety—Know Your Job
- Horseplay Is No Laughing Matter
- Arriving At and Leaving Work Safely
- Workplace Violence
- Stay Awake to Shift Work Safety Problems
- Drive Defensively
- Buckle Up!
- Foul Weather Driving
- Good Housekeeping Practices
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Ergonomic Injuries
- Working Safely with Ladders
- Working in the Cold
- Working in the Heat
- 7-Minute Safety Session Sign Up
- Employee Safety Training
- Safety Training Suggestion
- Supervisor's 7-Minute Safety Training
- Training Requirements In OSHA Standards
- Glossary of Common Safety and Health Terms
- Most Frequently Violated OSHA Standards for General Industry