The office is no longer the center of the universe. In today's connected world, more employees are doing work "out there”—either face-to-face with customers, in far-flung locations or simply in their pajamas.
This has created new challenges and questions for managers and supervisors:
- How do you know employees are working… and not tweeting? And should you care?
- How can you track their progress?
- What's the best way to give them feedback?
Remote employees don't need micro-management, but they do need to be held accountable. They must know what is expected, have the right tools and be given regular coaching. And it's important to know how to hire people who are the best at working remotely.
Do any of your employees work remotely—even for one day a week? If so, this webinar is for you… and your management team. Join us for How to Effectively Hire and Manage Remote Employees.
You'll discover how to:
- Identify candidates who are a good fit to successfully work remotely
- Create metric-based performance expectations that hold employees—both local and remote—accountable for their performance (using a "Performance Expectations” worksheet)
- Correctly give ongoing feedback and coaching to remote employees
- Give effective and realistic performance reviews to your remote workers
- Measure remote employees' performance daily, weekly and monthly
- Help remote employees feel "connected” to the company and other co-workers
The dispersed workforce is a trend that will only grow. As companies look to cut costs and employees look for more flexibility, remote working is on the rise. A new Stanford study says employees who work at home are 13% more productive than employees who work in the office.
Still, some managers are uncomfortable or unsure how to manage employees they don't see every day. This webinar will help your management team become masters at coaching and dealing with their far-flung employees.
The result: Better managers and a more productive (and happier) workforce!