Governmental Accounting Made Easy equips you with the tools you need to run the financial and accounting operations within your organization.
This complete and straightforward manual covers a broad range of governmental accounting topics that fall under the Governmental Accounting Standards Board, and its recently revised financial reporting model.
Boiling down the complicated details of governmental accounting into manageable essentials, author Warren Ruppel, a leading authority on governmental accounting, offers practical information in easy-to-understand terminology.
Always practical and never over-technical, this helpful guide:
- Discusses basic accounting terminology
- Clearly explains fund accounting
- Covers the nuts and bolts of governmental financial statements
- Equips you to understand the reporting entity
- Discusses revenues from non-exchange transactions
- Helps you become conversant in various accounting topics
The recently adopted reporting model for governments resulted in a radical change in the way governmental financial statements are presented.
Suitable for professional managers, budget preparers, school boards, city councils, state legislators, and comptrollers, Governmental Accounting Made Easy, is your essential guide for a clear, concise, understandable explanation of government finances.
Upon ordering, you will receive the text material via USPS Priority Mail, generally within 3-4 days; overnight delivery is available for an additional charge. This complete CPE course includes:
- Textbook - written by experts in their field and will make a great addition to your personal reference library!
- Interactive Study Guide
- Test Booklet and Answer Sheet
- Log-on instructions for the taking the Certification Exam online.
The test includes 5 True/False or multiple choice questions for each CPE credit offered (for example, a CPE test worth 20 credits would include 100 questions). A score of 70% or better is required to pass this course; there is no limit to the number of times you may take the exam in order to pass.
After you have completed reviewing the text material, you may take your exam in one of two convenient formats:
- Test Booklet/Answer Sheet - read the textbook, record the answers to the test questions on the answer sheet and then return the answer sheet to us. You may either fax it or simply mail it in.
- Online Testing – log in and take your exam in an untimed, online format (the online questions are the same as those in your testing booklet) - your exam will be graded instantly! Most students fill out the answer sheet as they read through the book, and then transfer their answer sheet online.
When you successfully complete the course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion indicating the course title and how many credit hours you earned.
- Students who take the examination online can print out the Certificate instantly.
- Students who mail/fax in their answer sheet will have their Certificate returned to them (if successful on the exam) by mail, fax or email. Certificates are usually sent within 24 hours from the time we receive your test.
Program Type: This is an interactive, self-study CPE course.
Program level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: None required
Minimum final examination passing grade: 70%
Maximum time allowed to complete the program: One year from date of purchase