El Capitan 101 OS X Support Essentials 10.11 is a three-day Apple Authorized course that gives you a tour of OS X El Capitan and covers the best ways to support OS X El Capitan users. The course includes lectures and hands-on exercises that provide real-world experience.
Who Should Attend?
- Help desk specialists, technical coordinators, technical support personnel, service technicians, technology specialists, power users, teachers, and others who support Mac users in education or business organizations
- Technical coordinators, teachers, or power users who manage computer networks or computer labs that run OS X
For Online Attendees
Each student will need to setup two (2) computers in order to take the class remotely. The first can be a PC, tablet or Mac capable of running Adobe Connect. The second computer must be a Mac running the latest version of OS X El Capitan. This setup will allow online students to view the presentation on one computer and do support exercises on the other one.
What You Will Learn
- The OS X El Capitan troubleshooting process
- How to use OS X El Capitan tools and resources to troubleshoot OS X El Capitan
- OS X El Capitan features and functionality, including how to find more information about OS X El Capitan
- How to prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.11 certification
- OS X knowledge and basic computer navigation skills
Instructor in Action
Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level.
Part 1: Installation and Configuration
- Install OS X El Capitan
- Setup and Configuration
- OS X Recovery
- OS X Software Updates
Part 2: User Accounts
- User Accounts
- User Home Folders
- System Security
- Keychain Management
Part 3: File Systems
- File Systems and Storage
- Permissions and Sharing
- File System Troubleshooting
Part 4: Data Management
- Hidden Items, Shortcuts, and File Archives
- System resources
- Metadata and Spotlight
- Time Machine
Part 5: Applications and Processes
- Application Installation
- Document Management
- Application Management and Troubleshooting
Part 6: Network Configuration
- Network Essentials
- Advanced Network Configuration
- Network Troubleshooting
Part 7: Network Services
- Network Services
- Host Sharing and Personal Firewall
Part 8: System Management
- Peripherals and Drivers
- Print and Scan
- System Troubleshooting
*Includes authorized Apple Pro Training Series workbook.
Cancelling an Open Enrollment Registration
If notice is given 15 or more calendar days before the start of a class, the student may receive a full refund less a $100 administrative fee. If notice is given less than 15 calendar days no rescheduling or efunds are permitted.
If notice Is given 15 or more calendar days before the start of the class a student may reschedule . A student can reschedule a class up to two (2) times. Additional reschedules will not be allowed.
No Shows if a student does not attend a scheduled session, there will be no refund or rescheduling permitted. Payment is forfeited. FMC reserves the right to cancel classes with insufficient enrollment or in other circumstances. FMC will endeavor to give as much advance notice as possible of any change to the schedule. FMC shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential loss arising whatsoever.