Overcome Key Challenges and Maximize Damages
Prevailing in pre-existing injury cases is a challenging task - are you taking full command of the tools at your disposal? Our veteran faculty will share time-tested techniques for proving causation, overcoming defense tactics, avoiding common pitfalls and ultimately maximizing your client's settlement. Enhance your practice - register today!
- Learn how to thoroughly investigate pre-existing injuries.
- Discover how to effectively apply the eggshell plaintiff rule.
- Anticipate and overcome key insurance defense strategies in exacerbation cases.
- Find out how to strategically use doctors and reports to establish causation.
Session Time: 10:00 AM - 1:15 PM Eastern
Presenters: Deborah M. Field, Lee Rosenfeld and Dr. James E. Szalados
- Spotting Red Flags During Client Intake
- Deciding Whether to Take the Case
- Performing Due Diligence Before Getting in Too Deep
- Distinguishing Between "Eggshell Plaintiff" and Exacerbation of Prior Conditions
- Effectively Applying the "Eggshell Plaintiff Rule" to the Case
- Effectively Applying the Exacerbation Rule to the Case
- Locating, Obtaining and Analyzing Medical History - How to Overcome Insurance Defense Strategies
- Source, Timing, Placement and Seriousness of the Previous Injury
- Locating and Requesting ALL of the Medical Records - Tips and Tactics
- What to Look for in Medical Records - Before and After the Accident
- What to Look for in Radiology Tests - Before and After the Accident
- How Insurance Companies Use Pre-Existing Injuries/Conditions
- Using Doctors and Narrative Reports to Prove/Disprove Causation
- How to Maximize Damages for the Worsening of the Condition
- Trial Strategies: Presenting Evidence of the Previous Injury to the Judge/Jury
This program is designed for attorneys. Insurance professionals and paralegals may also benefit.