Answer Your Clients' Complicated LLC Questions and Avoid Common Oversights
The LLC has become an extremely popular and viable vehicle for real estate and business operations. However, there are several potential mistakes that can be made by practitioners in the entity selection process, the design and structure of the LLC, the formation of the LLC, and the operation of the LLC. After attending this presentation, you will be able to not only spot the potential pitfalls, but be able to plan and design the LLC to better meet the needs of your clients. Register today!
- Determine when and how to use the LLC, as opposed to the S Corp.
- Spot the pitfalls in entity selection and formation for the LLC.
- Understand when and how to use the Series LLC.
- Identify what "LLC Forum Shopping" is and why should you do it.
- Avoid mistakes in drafting the operating agreement and make it better suited for your client's purposes.
- Take the LLC to the next asset protection level.
Session Time: 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Jeffrey R. Matsen
- Mistakes in the Selection Process
- The Sub S Corporation vs. the LLC
- Single Member LLC vs. Multi Member LLC
- Manager Managed vs. Member Managed LLC
- Mistakes in Choosing and Forming the Series LLC
- Mistakes in Single Member LLCs
- Mistakes Made in Taxation of LLCs
- Mistake Made in Using LLCs to Purchase Real Estate
- Mistakes Made in Dividing, Issuing and Transferring Members Interests
- Mistakes in Failure to Forum Shop the LLC
- Failure to Go to the Next Level for Asset Protection Planning Purposes
- Mistakes in Drafting the Operating Agreement
- Disputes in the LLC: What NOT to do When the Love is Gone
This course is designed for attorneys. Accountants, CPAs, CFOs and business lenders may also benefit from attending.