Pick up Real-World Strategies for Negotiating and Enforcing Indemnification Provisions
This program will teach you how to customize your indemnification provisions while avoiding language pitfalls that lead to misinterpretation or disputes. Anticipate real-world implications of unclear clause language and examine enforceable terms that allow your provisions to perform the way you intend. Draft and negotiate these critical provisions with confidence - order today!
- Understand the legal and reasonable limits of indemnification.
- Make key distinctions between similar-sounding terms to avoid improper usage.
- Receive practical, step-by-step guidance on drafting and negotiating term language.
- Examine real-world implications of indemnification provisions gone wrong.
1:00 pm to 4:15 pm Eastern Standard Time
Break 2:30 - 2:45
Presenter: Steven Franckhauser
1:00 - 2:30
- Creatively Applying Laws to Indemnity
- Drafting and Strategically Negotiating Ironclad Indemnification Clauses (with Examples & Checklists)
- Ensuring Enforceability
- Reciprocity in Indemnity Provisions
- Defining Proper Scope and Duties Being Contemplated
- Active vs. Passive Negligence Terms
- Insurance, Waiver and Subrogation
- Liability and Risk Allocation: Defining Potential Extent
- What is the Source & Extent of Potential Loss?
- Defining Damages and Settlement
- Notice and Control; Limitations and Reimbursement
2:45 - 4:15
- When, Where and How to Include Indemnification Provisions in Legal Documents
- Indemnification Conundrums - Clarified
- The Limits of Indemnification - Legal and Practical
- Indemnity, Indemnify, Indemnification and "Hold Harmless"
- The Interplay of Insurance, LOL and Indemnity
- When the Love is Gone... Detangling Indemnity & Proving Liability
This program is designed for attorneys. Accountants and paralegals may also benefit.