Stay Up to Date on Recent FLSA Changes
With recent FLSA changes, many businesses are scrambling to make changes to remain in compliance. Join us as we explore who is affected by the new salary thresholds, how the primary duties test is being applied, and how to avoid complicated compliance errors. Get up-to-the-minute information on the latest changes to FLSA to advise clients on their practical impacts. Register today!
- Take a closer look at who will be impacted by the new minimum salary requirements.
- Learn the ins and outs of the primary duties test including difficulties concerning concurrent duties.
- Examine what needs to be addressed in the employee handbook in order to remain in compliance with recent changes.
All times are shown in Eastern time
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM, Eric B. Mack
- The New Salary Thresholds: Critical Essentials to Understand
- Minimum Salary Requirements: Who is Affected?
- Highly Compensated Employees: New Thresholds
- Annual Increases: How They Work and How to Prepare
- Nondiscretionary Bonuses and Caps as Salary: What can Employers do?
- The Primary Duties Test and Exempt Employees: Bracing for Changes
- Salary Test Impacts on the Duties Test
- California's Law: Is it a Model for Duties Test Changes?
- Time Spent on Primary Duties
- Long/Short Duties Test: The Impacts of Significant Structural Changes
- Concurrent Duties: Potential Changes and Limitations
11:45 AM - 1:15 PM, Gregg C. Greenberg
- Compliance with FLSA Changes: Legal Essentials for Employers
- Helping Your Clients Dodge the Top Compliance Mistakes
- Grey Area Employees: Best Practices for Avoiding Pitfalls
- Employees vs. Contractors
- Tracking Employee Time: Exempt vs. Non-Exempt Duties
- How Timekeeping Procedures Land Employers in Hot Water
- Changing Employee Classifications: Mitigating the Potential for Lawsuits
- Internal Audits: Procedures and Best Practices
- The Price of Non-Compliance
- Updating Handbooks and Policies for the New FLSA Changes
- Overtime Policies: Addressing Increased Costs
- Fluctuating Workweek Agreements
- Telecommuting and Work-From-Home Policies
- Job Description Best Practices
- Other Essential Workplace Policies to Update
This course is designed for attorneys. Human resource managers and paralegals may also benefit from attending.