Gauge the Practical Impacts of Recent Court Decisions
Recent court actions and decisions have substantially changed how local governments can regulate the sale and ownership of firearms. Before you advise your clients on the extents or limitations of local firearms ordinances, you need to know the practical impacts of the latest legal developments. Let our experienced faculty get you up to speed. Take away valuable information on drafting new firearms ordinances as well as spotting holes in and amending current laws - register today!
- Appraise how recent court decisions have affected which types of firearms local governments can and cannot regulate.
- Analyze local firearms ordinances and locate key elements that open the door to legal challenges.
- Handle zoning law questions concerning gun shops, shooting ranges and other firearms-related businesses.
Session Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern
Presenter: Derek DeBrosse
- Recent Court Cases that Impact Local Gun Laws: What You Need to Know
- Evolving Interpretations of District of Columbia v. Heller
- How McDonald v. Chicago is a Game Changer for Municipalities
- When State Law Can and Cannot Trump Local Firearms Ordinances
- Dissecting Local Gun Laws: Key Elements That Lead to Legal Challenges
- When do Local Gun Laws Infringe on 2nd Amendment Rights?
- Drafting and Amending Local Gun Laws in Light of Recent Rulings
- Magazine Capacity and Firearm Features
- Types of Ammunition
- Open Carry and Concealed Carry
- Sale of Firearms
- Gun Show Regulation
- Firearms in Government Buildings, Schools, Etc.
- Discharge of Firearms
- Advertising Restrictions
- Zoning Considerations for Firearms-Related Businesses, Shooting Ranges, Etc.
- Looking Ahead: Firearms-Related Issues Local Governments Need to Anticipate
This course on local firearms ordinance legal developments is for attorneys. Elected officials, government employees and paralegals may also find it useful.