Medicare, Medicaid, ERISA and Other Liens: Practical Instruction and Pointers
Lien resolution is a daunting task - one misstep can lead to numerous consequences, and the ever-evolving complexities mean plenty of pitfalls. Can you navigate the minefield? This practical program will walk you step-by-step through the lien resolution process - from initial assessment to paying liens out of the settlement. Build your confidence and make the frustrating job of lien resolution simpler and much more manageable - register today!
- Leave no stone unturned: thoroughly identify and evaluate all potential liens.
- Obtain best practices for communicating with lienholders throughout the injury case.
- Gain how-to's and tips for resolving Medicare, Medicaid, ERISA, and workers' comp liens.
- Discover how to best leverage liens when negotiating a settlement.
Session Time: 1:00 - 2:30 Eastern
Presenter: Timothy F. Kelly
- Lien Essentials and Gathering Information
- Priority, Perfection, Obligations of Client and Counsel
- Uncovering All Potential Liens
- Assessing Rights to Liens/Reimbursement
- Negotiating with Lien Claimants: Overall Best Practices
- Reaching Out to Lien Claimants Initially and Throughout the Injury Case
- Pointers for Reducing the Amount of the Lien
- Negotiating with Lien Claimants to Finalize a Settlement
- Medicaid Liens: How-to's and Pointers
- Establishing a Medicare Set Aside
- Resolving Medicare Liens
- Handling ERISA Liens: Step-by-Step
- Workers' Compensation Liens: Procedures, Reduction and Resolution
- Leveraging Liens in Settlement Negotiations: Practical Tips
- Pointers for Paying Liens Out of the Settlement
This program is designed for attorneys. Insurance professionals and paralegals may also benefit.