In this 1-day class, you will learn the fundamentals of using FortiManager for centralized network administration of many FortiGate devices. Example use cases include large enterprise and carrier networks. You will explore various deployment strategies which include single or multiple ADOMs, policy packages, shared objects, and provisioning FortiManager as a local FortiGuard Distribution Server for your managed firewalls.
This course is part of preparation for the NSE 5 certification exam. Both FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer are required in order to test for and achieve the NSE 5 certification.
This course is intended for anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of many FortiGate devices via the FortiManager platform.
After completing these modules, you will be able to:
- Describe capabilities of FortiManager
- Add FortiGate devices to Device Manager and import their running configuration
- Use provisioning templates and scripts for device-level changes across many devices
- Identify the synchronization states
- Manage the revision history of managed devices
- Offer a local FortiGuard Distribution Server to your Fortinet devices
- Deploy administrative domains (ADOMs) to support multiple customers on a single FortiManager
- Manage firewall policies across multiple FortiGate devices using policy packages with shared and dynamic objects
- Deploy policies and objects from the global ADOM to multiple ADOMs
- Explain high availability, backup, and recovery options for FortiManager
- Compare methods for centrally managing IPsec VPNs
- Explain the restricted "admin" profile and API high-level usage
- Use workspaces and workflow mode
- Identify steps to replace a managed FortiGate device
- Manage FortiGate devices' firmware centrally
Lesson 1: Introduction to FortiManager
Lesson 2: System Settings
Lesson 3: Device Manager
Lesson 4: Policy & Objects
Lesson 5: Additional System Operations